I’ve encountered this virus/malware the other day and while it was fairly easy to remove, I thought it would be useful to provide instructions on how to remove jargon.vbs. A quick search on GOOG turned out several useless results (okay, a lot of useless results) so I thought of doing my part to help.
Here’s how you can remove JARGON.VBS from your computer and your infected flash drives.
- Download: Flash Disinfector | Mirror
- Run the Flash_Disinfector.exe. Explorer will close (your desktop will disappear leaving you with windows of currently running programs) and restart. This will have stopped the script.
- Now you’ll have to delete the malware files so your system won’t get infected again, to do this you need to display hidden files.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading unselect Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Browse your flash drive (DON’T CLICK AUTOPLAY or you’ll run the malware again) and remove the following files:
autorun.inf jargon.vbs wscript.exe
Repeat this step for all infected drives.
- Go to C:/Windows and delete
Wow.. Cool!. Now it solves my problem. Thank you very much..
Can I do the procedure without plugging in a flashdrive? The problem mainly lies on the computer.
Yes. You can use it to clean your hard drive the same way you can clean a flash drive.
I have an Ibook G4, I got this virus from an infected UBS stick. I am gathering the process might be different for disinfecting a mac. Could you or someone tell me what to do? This is my first virus in the whole time I have had it which is five years 🙁
Great!! It successfully removed the annoying virus.. bye jargon, go to hell!! You’re the man sir, thanks for this.
It really works, Thank you very much. I had 3 USB-Stick and all were infected. But I did it the way you instructing us and all are gone now 🙂
Excellent this was so annoying; you came up first on the Google search. I have tried to remove this file with other anti-virus programs however they did not get rid of the reoccurrences. Thank you very much.
Wow..cool! Thank you for this post!
Hi! It did remove the jargon.vbs from my pc but now i’m getting a windows script host error that says “cannot find C:\Windows\jargon.vbs” during start up. How can I fix this error? How can I totally remove this kind of error without having to tinker with the msconfig? Thanks a lot.
go to run, type msconfig; you get advanced startup options in that dialog, especially in the startup tab – you can pick exactly what runs on startup there.
thanks bob, ur post really helps.
tnx a lot. it solved my problem…
Thanks a lot!!! It finally solved the problem.
i followed the steps.. problem is i can’t find the files that must be deleted..
why i can’t remove the jargon.vbs on my computer??.. i did what you’ve said but it still there…. one thing i can’t understand is.. how to delete the jargon.vbs on C:\WINDOWS?? i can’t find the jargon on C:\WINDOWS??
BOB: what is the purpose of the startup config on removing the jargon.vbs??
almost i did all the procedure but the jargon filename is not appearing it appears only the infected files that i removed….. how i removed totally the script jargon it continues appearing to my laptop…?? bob pleas help me….
thanks very much, problem solve.
Flash Disinfector did not work for me. what i did is i open the registry editor then browse on the following keys.
you will see there a registry key named “auToMe”.
delete it. then open the following:
– My Computer\Tools(on the menu)\Folder Options\View Tab
– check the Show Hidden Files and uncheck the Hide Protected System Files
then open My Computer\C:\Windwos
– look for the jargon file then delete it.
for infected Flash Drives, do the following after inserting your Flash Drive’s on the USB port:
– open run
– type cmd the press enter
– type the directory path of the flash drive (example: E:) then enter
– type this: dir /a:h
– if you see th following:
– delete this files by typing this:
– del /f/a jargon.vbs
– del /f/a autorun.inf
– remove your flash drive without safety remove. then plug it in again. repeat the steps of openning thew command prompt and typing the “dir/a:h” command. i hope this will help you guys. tnx
thanks a lot its working…godbless
thanks, it sure helped a lot. but i cant see the jargon file in windows folder.
Have you tried ticking the View hidden files and folders in the Folder Options menu?
tnx man hope it works!
wow its cool
thanks very much……………………….
thanks man,it really works in just a few times.
I also followed your step but after run the disinfentor the windows says Windows cannot find ‘nircmd’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the star button, and then click search. So i tried to search the said file but no result for this file. My disinfector was failed what should i do?
Comments are closed.