The D5000 is Nikon’s mid-range DSLR touting a 12MP sensor, an 11-point AF system and features an innovative vari-angle color LCD monitor. The Nikon D5000 kit ships with a Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, camera bag and a tripod.
If you’re torn between the D3000 and the D90, the D5000 is in the perfect middle ground offering superb performance without adding much to it’s complexity.
Nikon D5000 Features
- 12.9 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor (effective pixels: 12.3 million)
- 2.7-inch 230,000 pixel TFT-LCD
- Live View with contrast-detect AF, face detection
- Image sensor cleaning (sensor shake)
- Illuminated focus points
- Movie capture at up to 1280 x 720 (720p) 24 fps with mono sound
- IS0 200-3200 range (100-6400 expanded)
- 4 frames per second continuous shooting (buffer: 7 RAW, 25 JPEG fine, 100 JPEG Normal)
- Expeed image processing engine
- 3D tracking AF (11 point)
- 95% frame coverage viewfinder
- Extensive in-camera retouching including raw development and straightening
At the moment, the Nikon D5000 kit is priced at P 29,000.00 for the basic kit. Price and availability may differ from your favorite dealer.
info from Nikon USA